What should I do if I get an Error: No connection
If you’re getting a “No connection” error in your MT4 or MT5, it means you are not connected to the server and will not receive price quotes.
To troubleshoot, follow the steps below.
- Check your internet connection. Test other computer programs that require an internet connection and see they work.
- Ensure that you are using a Blueberry-branded MT4/MT5 (except for Mac). You can download the latest installers here.
- Isolate the issue— log in to your mobile MT4/MT5 or the web trader to see if you will get the same error. Similarly, if you are on the mobile platform, try logging in to a desktop.
- If you can log in successfully to any of them, it is possible that you are using incorrect logins on another. Double-check your trading account number, password, and server.
- If you cannot log in to any of them, contact Customer Support to check your account status and/or see if you need a password reset.
Note: Your trading account password is different from your Client Portal password.
- Restart your platform. If you are certain that you are using the correct logins, restart the platform— close it > wait for 10 seconds > open it again.
- If you are using an anti-virus, firewall, VPN, or any other security program, make sure that MT4 and/or MT5 are on the list of “allowed programs“. If you are not sure how to go about this, contact your software provider and/or disable it temporarily.
If you are trying to connect on your office/workplace network, it is possible that your IT department is blocking the connection for security purposes. Contact them and see if they can enable connection to internet port 443.